Our school history of Sandy Bay Infant School on our present site commenced in 1888. Originally our school was named Lower Sandy Bay State School.
1n 2018 we celebrated the 130th Anniversary of our public government school with a whole school inquiry; Our Story, Our Place. Connectedness: how place, time and relationship brings us together.
Originally Sandy Bay State School educated students from Kindergarten to Grade 6. However, the high student numbers (165 students in 1950) and the difficulty for the small school building and grounds to cope with the demands lead to the construction of Waimea Heights Primary School in 1953. It was decided that Waimea Heights Primary School should educate the upper grades and the Kinder to grade two students remain at the Lower Sandy Bay School.
In 1965 the new Sandy Bay Infant School (the red brick part of our school) was completed and opened on the 1st of May by the Hon. W.A. Neilson M.H.A Minister for Education. In 2010 the funds from the Federal Government saw the additional of the upstairs extension that included the addition of two classrooms and a staff room and created a general purpose learning space.